Anyone that feels they have something relevant to share with the scientific cannabis community is welcome to submit their story to our editors.
Whether you’re looking to share a review of innovative equipment and instrumentation, discuss or propose analytical testing methods, provide content on cannabis farming techniques and/or horticultural science, or report on the latest stories regarding the general cannabis science community, we would love to hear and read your ideas. We accept submissions in two forms: online blog content and print articles for our magazine.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines provided below before submitting.
Blogs and news articles meant to be featured online should consist of around 300-450 words. Make sure to properly hyperlink all sources in the article. Also please attach separately any high-resolution images that you would like to submit for our review.
Feature Article (4 pages)
Two Page Spread
One Page Article
Half Page Article
Preferred Fonts: Georgia, Arial, or Times New Roman
Subtitle: Approximately 20 words.
Full page: 11x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
1/2 page: 5.5x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
1/4 page: 2.75x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
NOTE: DO NOT include images within the document; these should be sent separately as .jpg or .png files. If they are to be inserted in a specific place in the article please label in caps [Graphic 1] and then name the corresponding image to match. This will help us to match images with their corresponding text correctly.
- First and foremost, use the word cannabis; NOT pot, marijuana, ganja, etc.
- Refrain from using I or you or me; instead, attempt to use universal ‘we’ and ‘us’.
- Cite sources in footnotes as opposed to parentheses.
- Refer to the ACS style guide for questions regarding citing references. We use bracketed numbers in our print magazine (e.g. , , ), at the end of the sentence, after the period, unless there are several citations within the same sentence. These references should be provided in a References section at the end of the article.
- Please do not hyperlink anything for the print magazine.
- Use the same font throughout the article.
- Avoid exceptionally long paragraphs.
- Refrain from using quotes that are longer than 4 lines of copy.
With all articles please also include a 50-word bio about yourself.
Each story will be edited through a series of proofreaders and peer-edited for scientific accuracy.