Please pay careful attention to the guidelines provided below before submitting.
Blogs and news articles meant to be featured online should consist of around 300-450 words. Make sure to properly hyperlink all sources in the article. Also, when citing scientific sources, it would be super helpful to include the publication info, including authors, article name, journal name, volume, and page range. Also please attach separately any high-resolution images that you would like to submit for our review.
Font & Text Size
Preferred Fonts: Georgia, Arial, or Times New Roman
Subtitle: Approximately 20 words.
NOTE: DO NOT include images within the document; these should be sent separately as .jpg or .png files. If they are to be inserted in a specific place in the article please label in caps [Graphic 1] and then name the corresponding image to match. This will help us to match images with their corresponding text correctly.
- First and foremost, use the word cannabis; NOT pot, marijuana, ganja, etc.
- Also, we try to do our part to phase out the word “strain” when referring to cannabis. Instead, we prefer cannabis plant, cannabis variety, cultivar, or chemovar.
- Always cite sources when providing factual information that is not assumed to be common knowledge.
- Please add a title to your article (we can always help with this), and list authors and affiliations.
- Use the same font throughout the article.
- Please refrain from using quotes that are longer than 4 lines of copy, and also exceptionally long paragraphs.
- Refer to the ACS style guide for questions regarding citing references. We use bracketed numbers in our articles (e.g. , , ), at the end of the sentence, after the period, unless there are several citations within the same sentence. These references should be provided in a References section at the end of the article.
- In an effort to increase proper vetting of scientific information, it would be really helpful if you could include the impact factor of the journal, and the number of times the article has been cited.
With all articles please also include a 50-word bio about yourself.
Each story will be edited through a series of proofreaders and peer-edited for scientific accuracy.