EDD to showcase administrative services, business assistance and more than 75 cannabis companies hiring at 3rd Annual CannMed Medical Cannabis Conference
WOBURN, Mass., Oct. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — The State of California’s Employment Development Department (EDD) will partner with Medicinal Genomics’ CannMed Medicinal Cannabis conference to host a Cannabis Career Fair on Monday, October 22nd from 12 to 5 pm at UCLA’s Luskin Conference Center. The Fair is free to job seekers and will feature presentations by expert staff of the EDD for California-licensed cannabis companies, and more than 75 exhibitors looking to fill jobs in every aspect of the rapidly growing industry. For more information and to register, visit http://www.cannmedevents.com/cannmed-cannabis-career-fair/.
EDD Presentations will include overviews from their Disability, Tax, Unemployment and Workforces Branches and information on how the EDD can assist employers and employees in the cannabis industry through its programs and services. These presentations will include:
- State Disability Insurance (SDI) – Employer/Employee Responsibilities and Benefits.
- Cannabis Industry and State Payroll Taxes
- California Unemployment Insurance (UI) including Employer and Employee Responsibilities and Benefits
- Workforce Services Branch (WSB) Business Service Team and Employer Advisory Council (EAC) including how the EDD and local Employer Advisory Councils (EAC) can assist employers with job postings in CalJOBSSM, direct recruitments at local America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC), job fairs, and much more.
“The career fair is a great way for job seekers to learn more about the opportunities being developed in this emerging industry,” said EDD Director Patrick W. Henning. “And for employers, the EDD offers a number of services to connect you with talent, support you in your business, and help you succeed.”
The Cannabis Career Fair represents the first such partnership between the state of California and the cannabis testing startup, and attendees are also invited to attend the CannMed Conference to advance their skills and knowledge. CannMed will be held October 22-24 at the Luskin Center at UCLA’s Luskin Conference Center, and is sponsored by Medicinal Genomics and DASH Cryptocurrency. The conference promises to gather over 50 of the industry’s leading experts in medical cannabis presenting the latest advancements in cannabis research, clinical applications, innovations in cultivation and the use of blockchain technology to improve transparency and product safety.
“We’re very excited to be able to partner with California’s EDD in conjunction with our 3rd annual CannMed Conference,” said Kevin McKernan, Medicinal Genomics’ Chief Science Officer. “It’s an reflection of the growing importance of the cannabis industry in California and the confluence of its most exciting developments—endocannabinoid-based therapies, genomics and cryptocurrency. We’re on pace for CannMed 2018 be our biggest and most exciting conference yet.”
CannMed 2018 will showcase such topics as:
- Medical applications for cancer, neurology, chronic pain and inflammation
- Latest developments in cultivation technology including genomics for testing and validation
- Use of medical cannabis to treat a wide range of medical conditions
- Science and technology used to drive innovations in cultivation, manufacturing, and product development
- Understanding blockchain technology and how it brings transparency and safety to the cannabis industry.
Some of the presenters headlining CannMed 2018 are:
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the research pioneer who discovered the endocannabinoid system and key active components of cannabis.
- Dr. Michael Dor, Head of Community Medicine Division – Israeli Ministry of Health; Director of Emergency Walk-In Clinic – Jerusalem, Israel; and Deputy Director of All Medical Services – Israeli Ministry of Health.
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein, Medical Director of Canna-Centers, a California-based medical practice devoted to educating patients about the use of cannabis for serious and chronic medical conditions and medical advisor for weedmaps.com.
- Catherine Jacobson, Director of Clinical Research at Tilray and responsible for identifying opportunities for clinical research partnerships, fulfilling Tilray’s goal of advancing knowledge of cannabinoid science by partnering with physicians and medical institutions.
- Dr. Dustin Sulak, Founder of Integr8 Health and osteopathic general practitioner, He also founded Healer.com, a medical cannabis patient education resource and Cannabis Expertise, a medical cannabis continuing medical education curriculum.
For a full list of presenters and the latest conference information visit www.cannmedevents.com, follow CannMed Events on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or follow hashtags #CannMed #CannMed2018. Note to editors: Passes are available for accredited media upon request.
About Medicinal Genomics Corporation
Medicinal Genomics Corporation has pioneered the genomics of cannabis to build a stronger scientific foundation for cannabis-based products. Our unmatched expertise in genetic science has helped cultivars, dispensaries and testing laboratories characterize and understand the quality and consistency of cannabis to ensure patients and consumers have access to safe, quality cannabis.
DASH is a unique cryptocurrency designed to make instant, private payments online or in-store using a secure open-source platform hosted by thousands of users around the world. At DASH’s core is a unique fully-incentivized peer-to-peer network where miners are rewarded for securing the blockchain and masternodes are rewarded for facilitating instasend and privatesend functionalities. DASH’s unique governance model enables masternode voting on treasury spending and as a result grew faster than Bitcoin in 2017.