– One-day venture fair will position 16 cannabis startups to pitch a captive audience of accredited investors
– CNvest Board of Advisors include heavy hitters in cannabis investment space
– Leading cannabis investment media among CNvest judges
– CNvest is co-located with Terpenes and Testing World Conference in San Jose, California on April 9, 2018
SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 6, 2017 /Canna Newswire/ – Canna Newswire, a media services company for the $7B legal cannabis market, today announced its inaugural event, CNvest: Terps and Tech, an investor event for cannabis science and technology companies. CNvest™ is now accepting applications from startup companies in the cannabis market to be considered for this unique opportunity. Applications for CNvest: Terps and Tech are being accepted through February 2, 2018. CNvest: Terps and Tech will be held at the Hilton San Jose at the McEnery Convention Center on April 9, 2018.
CNvest will select 16 investment-worthy startups to present to an audience of investors at the spring forum, co-located with the Terpenes and Testing World Conference, the most comprehensive cannabis science expo in the United States. Companies will be judged by a panel of cannabis market influencers and media, with finalists selected by a panel of cannabis investors and business analysts. Standardized scoring will be used to fairly determine which companies have the greatest potential to succeed in this explosive market.
The CNvest Advisory Board includes leading investment professionals from the cannabis market:
- Princessa Bourelly, venture partner at Gateway Venture Capital & Accelerator
- Steven Ernest, executive vice president of investments at MAZAKALI
- Michael Gruber, managing partner at venture capital fund Salveo Capital
- Bill Kelly, partner at private equity fund AgriCascadia
- Jud Lang, president at Ground Zero Ventures
- Jeff Siegel, publisher of Green Chip Stocks and editor of Wealth Daily
“Michael Gruber, managing partner at Salveo Capital, one of the premier cannabis venture capital funds, is active across the cannabis market as an investor, advisor, mentor, and speaker. “As an active investor in the cannabis sector, I’m always eager to enable family office and other investors the opportunity to access this exciting market through an institutional quality investment vehicle. In addition, we strive to partner with founders and entrepreneurs, especially those focused on the technology, agriculture and science sectors of the cannabis market,” said Gruber. “CNvest is a specialized event that is targeting more early-stage cannabis startups than typically seen at other investment events in the cannabis industry. My fellow advisers and I are proud to be a part of the founding advisory board helping to shape this important event.”
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Cannabis science or technology companies seeking funding should consider applying to CNvest: Terps and Tech. Applications are open to:
- US or Canadian startups in the legal medical or recreational cannabis market
- Founded on or after January 1, 2015
- Have raised at least $50,000 (US) from one or more accredited investors
- But have not yet raised more than $1.5 million
- And have not yet closed a Series A funding round
While 16 companies will present on the main stage, the event and the selection process is geared to help every company build upon their brand awareness. There will also be opportunities for companies beyond the 16 presenting startups to engage with investors at the CNvest event. The 16 selected presenters will also receive advice and coaching to refine their pitches and presentation skills.
“I’ve attended many cannabis investor events, but CNvest’s fresh approach includes mentoring and presentation skill building, as well as helping all companies that go through the selection process get a marketing benefit,” said CNvest Advisory Board member Jeff Siegel, and investment advisor and Wealth Daily editor. “For many of these entrepreneurs, CNvest will be their first time representing a business in front of an audience, and presenting to sophisticated investors requires proper messaging and polish. The CNvest team is expertly positioned to provide the level of guidance these startups will need, helping ensure all CNvest participants receive maximum value from the event.”
About Canna Newswire and CNvest
CNvest™ venture fair is produced by Canna Newswire, provider of media relations solutions for the legal cannabis market. The inaugural event, CNvest: Terps and Tech, will be co-located with the Terpenes and Testing World Conference, April 9, 2018 in San Jose, California. CNvest’s mission is to become a leading platform for early stage cannabis startups seeking investment. For more information visit http://cannanewswire.co/cnvest/.
If you are interested in attending or becoming a sponsor or judge for CNvest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Companies interested in applying to present should follow the instructions on the application website at http://cannanewswire.co/cnvest/apply-to-present/.